Preparing & Uploading Images for Digital Projection Monthly Competition:
Prepare Your Image(s):
- For best appearance use the sRGB color space
- Image size is not critical but works best at 720 vertical & 1080 horizontal pixels
- Save the image as a jpeg
- Name the file using the following format: yourname_imagetitle.jpg
Upload Your Image(s):
- Log onto the SVCC website (from bottom right of 'Home' page):
- Click the “Galleries” tab at the top of the home page
- Click the “Monthly Competition Upload Gallery” at the bottom of the page (you must be logged in to see this gallery!)
- Click the “+Upload” drop down menu at the upper right of the page
- Select “To this Gallery” and then click either “Browse” or “Drag photos” to choose and upload your image(s).
- Logout by selecting "SVCC" at the top right of any page and click "Logout"
- Problems? Contact Douglas McCullough via "Contact" link above.
Images are due on or before midnight the Thursday prior to a Thursday competition, or as announced when there is an exception. Please be courteous and submit images in a timely manner.
Cormorants In The Sunset
How To Set Up Your Individual Website Gallery:
To create your personal gallery on this website, all you need to do is:
1. Be a paid member
2. Contact Douglas McCullough (via the “Contact” link above) and request a gallery
3. Prepare your images for uploading:
- Make image resolution and size to your liking, but make sure it is large enough for clear
- Make sure the color mode is sRGB
- Optimize & sharpen the image as you would normally do
- Save as a JPEG at a high quality level
4. Access the site, log-in & locate your gallery:
- Go to: www.shadesvalleycameraclub.com
- Click on “log-in” found at the bottom of the page
- For “e-mail >” and “password >” enter per instructions from Douglas McCullough
- Click on "Galleries" at top of page and locate your gallery
- Click: “Upload” at the top right of the page
- Select "To This Gallery" from the drop down menu
- Select among the optional ways offered to upload an image
- Follow Smugmug’s on-line directions thereafter
- Caption (name) each image in your gallery, per Smugmug on-line directions
- To later delete images, go to the "Tools" drop-down section & follow the directions
Congratulations! You’re now “published” on the web!